--On Wednesday, February 28, 2024 7:34 AM +0000 CALDEIRA JAVIEL Sandro <sandro.caldeirajav...@urbanandmainlines.com> wrote:

Hi,

I have a legacy ldap instance (openlda-2.4) which has in the same
redundant user info containing mail attribute among others (objectclass:
inetOrgPerson) in 2 different ous (objectclass: organizationalUnit). I
know it is a bad design for ldap users structure but I am not allowed to
change it in a short time. When I tried to migrate this ldap database to
openldap 2.6 I realize this is not possible anymore. I identified it is
just related to mail attribute because if I omit mail attribute or use a
different value for mail, then all data is imported properly.

Do you use the slapo-unique overlay?

The only uniqueness requirement on mail out of the box is that for any specific entry, the mail value must be unique. There is no requirement *across* subtrees that it be unique unless the configuration loads and uses slapo-unique to do this.

If you have duplicate values for 'mail' within a given entry, then you need to fix that.

--Quanah