The appdirs replacement is merged and pysword relicensed under MIT now.
This enables the relicensing without dropping any features. So
technically the only change to relicense is adjusting the license
headers and the license file.

@springermac is the only main developer that did not agree to a license
change yet.

The others are @arjans, @crichter, @edwinlunando, @elderp, @m2j,
@matthub, @meths, @milleja46, @rafaellerm, @samscudder, @sguerrieri,
@thelinuxguy, @whydoubt, Stuart Becker, Gerald Britton, Samuel Findlay,
Michael Gorven, Ian Knightly, Gabriel Loo, Dmitriy Marmyshev, Brian
Meyer, Suutari Olli, Felipe Polo-Wood, Maikel Stuivenberg, Dave Warnock,
Oliver Wieland, Frode Woldsund, and Martin Zibricky.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of OpenLP
Core, which is subscribed to OpenLP.

Title:
  License violations

Status in OpenLP:
  Fix Committed
Status in OpenLP 2.0 series:
  Won't Fix
Status in OpenLP 2.2 series:
  Won't Fix
Status in OpenLP 2.4 series:
  Won't Fix
Status in OpenLP trunk series:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  OpenLP (GPLv2 only) is currently violating at least two licenses: PyQt5's
GPLv3 only and request's Apache 2.0.
  There are two options to heal these violations: relicense OpenLP or replace
the dependencies. A third option would be aquiring a commercial PyQt5 license
from Riverbank and replacing requests only, but as it is paid per developer
this seems to be infeasible for an open source project.

  REPLACING
  =========
  Replacing requests would be feasible: urllib is already used throughout the
codebase. Just use it for the currently three files which import requests as
well.

  I do not know if it would be feasible to replace PyQt5 with PySide2.

  RELICENSING
  ===========
  You would have to use the GPLv3 license to heal both of the violations (GPLv3
is compatible with Apache 2.0). You could also use GPLv2 or later, but the
logical license combined with PyQt5 is always GPLv3. That leads to another
issue: pysword is GPLv2 only and a license move would require you to drop this
optional dependency. But I guess this would be a minor issue as it is not
released yet (?).

  I do not know if relicensing is feasible as you would have to ask the
  majority of copyright holders to agree with the license change.

  In either case you should inform your users not later than with your
  next (fixed!) release about the license violation as they could be in
  trouble using OpenLP.