Patreon is really for anything.

I've never heard of OpenCollective or Librepay and I believe I'm not alone,
pretty much everyone knows Patreon thought.

I believe people are more likely to donate if the platform is already
familiar to them or they have heard of it.

I don't really care if Patreon is not open source.

Cheers and good weekend,

Olli Suutari - Azaziah