Mike,

this is actually a security features.

You have several options:

1) You can create a "secureHash" that works endlessly (any user could
grab this hash and compromise your system => NOT recommended to use
this)

2) You can create a "secureHash" that works ONE time ... actually this
is the usual way, you simply re-create the HASH everytime a user
request the openmeetings-conference room.
SOAP Method to use is for this is what you've done also:
http://code.google.com/p/openmeetings/wiki/SoapMethods#setUserObjectAndGenerateRoomHash

3) You can create a "secureHash" that works like that: The first time
it was used the "secureHash" gets assigned to the IP of the user that
accesses the conference room with this HASH. This user can then press
f5 and refresh / re-enter the conference room with the SAME
"secureHash" but only with the same IP of course!
SOAP Method to create this type of "secureHash" would be:
http://code.google.com/p/openmeetings/wiki/SoapMethods#setUserObjectAndGenerateRoomHashByURL

All 3 type have in common:
If you do not use the "secureHash" within 15 minutes => the hash will
be invalidated.

4) If you would like to create a "hash" that works for a limited time
or time-period (from 15.11.2011 to 15.12.2012 for example)
You could alternatively create a "inviationsHash" via SOAP and append
that one to the URL:
SOAP Method to do that would be:
http://code.google.com/p/openmeetings/wiki/SoapMethods#getInvitationHash
As you can see from the Params here you can have different "validaty":
the type of validation for the hash 1: endless, 2: from-to period, 3: one-time
Returns a HASH value that can be made into a URL with
http://$OPENMEETINGS_HOST:$PORT/openmeetings/?invitationHash=$invitationsHash;

5) You can also directly send those inviationsHashs via OpenMeetings
and OpenMeetings will create the links to the conference rooms then
Using this SOAP Call:
http://code.google.com/p/openmeetings/wiki/SoapMethods#sendInvitationHash

... and there are some more options but I think you have some
alternatives now to look at.

Sebastian

http://www.openmeetings.de
http://www.webbase-design.de