I had encountered the same problem as yours, ("onerror SWF!!
canvas.mediaerrortimeout"). Today I found out it's caused by the
RED5_HOME environment variable. There is no such issue before the
version 1.8 of openmeetings.

I am running the openmeetings on my Windows XP. The problem happens
If  I had set up the RED5_HOME environment variable in my Red5.bat.
eg: set RED5_HOME=c:\Red5.
After I removed the line "set RED5_HOME=c:\Red5" from the Red5.bat
start up batch file and then everything works fine. Hope this
information is useful for you as well.