>99,9 % of all times its a clent side issue.

Yes, and that is something we have tested as well, making sure that the
client isn't downloading updates or a ton of tabs open etc etc. This is
what I am trying to determine, whether these things are client or server
side. The server isn't doing anything different so it kind of leaves the
clients right.

What makes you think that debian or ubuntu are more 'media-optimized'?

> I have no thoughts on this which is why I've asked. There are many
discussions but none of them really give anything other than personal
opinion.
It seems that ubuntu is more geared toward media applications, remote
desktops work well with ubuntu, things of that nature. Debian seems to be
less bloated, more 'industrial' for lack of better term.

While debian may not be media optimized per say, it seems that it is well
suited for specific task purposes where one builds a server which isn't
going to have a ton of things going on but more specific, in my case for
example, running only red5 and xmpp.