Hi,

Werner Almesberger wrote:
Lars-Peter Clausen wrote:
With the upcoming 2.6.31 kernel release basic support for the
freerunner as finally reached upstream.
[...]
What does this mean for the
community and distributions?

Party !!! ;-)

Currently we have andy-tracking which is based on 2.6.29-rc3. And in
my opinion andy-tracking is in a very bad shape,

Agreed.
A git rebase is necessary and the android stuff can be moved on a different branch or tree. I can manage the change on that tree and follow the discussion around the suspend_lock.

several subtrees for each driver. On top of that would be two
machine trees and maybe one for s3c specific patches. The machine
specific trees would  then regularly merge those driver trees they
need.

Hmm, this sounds like a lot of trees with a lot of merging going
on between them.
I prefer one tree with the specific driver of the freerunnurer
linux-gta02
linux-gta01

Ideally all trees would be initially based on the upstream kernel.

Sounds good. The closer we stay to upstream, the better.
agree

Michael