Long time, no release! More than a year!

The OpenMOLE team is very proud to disclose "Mostly Magic", the 6th
major version of OpenMOLE. As a reminder OpenMOLE (not very usefull for
you it might be of use if you want to forward the mail to all your
friends and familly :)) is a software for parameter exploration,
optimisation, data processing which allow a simple access to large scale
distributed execution environments. It has been designed to be useful
for a wide range of users and is usable even for people with no
knowledge in distributed computing.

You can discover and download this free and open-source software at
https://www.openmole.org

    What's new?

  * A new task has been introduced, the CARETask. It makes it easier
    than ever to run your applications and their dependencies (C,
    Python, R, ...) in OpenMOLE
  * The access to EGI is now base on DIRAC and webdav. It is more
    reliable, more scalable an more efficient
  * A Path type is now available in samplings to avoid copying files
    over local networks (use with Clusters and shared file systems only,
    not on EGI)
  * Authentications are now tested when they are created. Valid
    authentications methods are marked with a green OK tag and can be
    used in the workflow
  * The optimisation methods have been redesigned to be easier to use
  * A new import wizard is here to ease the integration of your programs
    in OpenMOLE
  * The file browser of the GUI has been revamped and its now fast and handy
  * The execution panel has been widely improved.
  * A new democratic (/or is it?/) process to decide on the release name :)

    What's to come in next release?

  * First we plan to avoid as much as possible the long release cycles
    such as this one, we will make our best to shorten the release cycle
    of OpenMOLE to a few months.
  * A new website is under development (thanks Paul & Etienne aka jQuery
    team)
  * The documentation will be emporered with a search function in the
    documentation (thanks Julien!!!)
  * A new ContainerTask will offer support for Docker / OCI containers
  * A modular OpenMOLE, with additional plugins enabled on demand
  * Improvement of the interface to be even more user friendly, with
    more tooltips and integrated help.
  * Tutorials can be written in markdown!

    What's on our mind for 2017?

  * A multi-user version that you can install on a server and be used by
    several user at the same time
  * The possibility to delegate computation to cloud provider such as
    Amazon, Azure... and cloud middleware such as open stack.

    "Wow, that's exciting, how can I help if..."

      "I' m a beginner?"

That's *even better*:

  * suggest features through issues
  * contribute to the documentation
  * spread the word!

      "I'm an advanced user but I'm not sure I can hack in OpenMOLE?"

  * write tutorials
  * share your workflows on the Market
  * invite us for tutorials / give a tutorial yourself (we can help!)

      "I speak Scala?"

  * implement features :)
  * check the issue list and try to fix things (we'll introduce finer
    labelling for easy picks)

      "Great is that all?"

That's already a lot! But if you like OpenMOLE show it to the world:

  * Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/OpenMOLE
  * Star us on GitHub: https://github.com/openmole/openmole
  * Cite our papers https://www.openmole.org/who_are_we.html

You can always test the development version of OpenMOLE at
https://next.openmole.org. If you encounter bugs or difficulty, we
always :heart: to hear about it.

To contact us you can:

  * report bug / suggest features on github:
    https://github.com/openmole/openmole.
  * get support and chat with us at:
    https://chat.iscpif.fr/channel/openmole

We'd like to thanks the vibrant OpenMOLE community of developers and
users. The community is really involved and it is a pleasure to work
with you all!