Andreas Fritiofson wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 2:27 PM, gianluca
> <gianlucare...@eurekelettronica.it> wrote:
>> Andreas Fritiofson wrote:
>>> cd <your OpenOCD repo>
>>> git fetch http://openocd.zylin.com/openocd refs/changes/83/783/8 &&
>>> git checkout FETCH_HEAD
>>>
>> Thank you very much!
>>
>> I would like to know if I need to have the __EXACT__ version at the date of
>> the patchset. In short I think I need the version __BEFORE__ the patchset
>> date, then apply the fetch command.
>>
>> Or is it done automagically by git checkout FETCH_HEAD ???
>>

> It's all handled by the above command. The fetch will not only fetch
> the patch but also the complete history which the patch depends on. A
> git revision identifier (the long hex-string) is a hash of the
> complete directory tree PLUS all of the branch's history. So by
> checking out a specific revision (which FETCH_HEAD is a shorthand for)
> you will get the exact order and content of commits as the patch
> author had.
>
> /Andreas

I am using LPC1850 so I created two new config files:
#       new file:   tcl/board/lpc1850_spifi_generic.cfg
#       new file:   tcl/target/lpc1850.cfg

and added new SPI device for our board:

#       modified:   src/flash/nor/spi.c
FLASH_ID("win w25q64cv",   0xd8, 0xC7, 0x001740ef, 0x100, 0x10000,
0x800000),

to match the FLASH Memory soldered in our board.

I tested the SPIFI FLASH WRITE algo with success and the code is working!

Now I wish to add those patches to my git local repo, so they can
uploaded to gerrit. What I have to do? What steps next?

How I can produce a patch to be checked by tools/checkpatch.sh ?

Sorry to place a lot of dumb questions, but I am new to GIT...

Best regards,
--
            ,,,
           (o o)