Hi Augusto,

see my comments in your message.

On 15.03.2018 14:12, Augusto Fraga Giachero wrote:
I've tried posting (twice) this message to the openocd-devel mailling
list, but it didn't showed up in the archives. Anyway, this list seems
more apropriate.
The mail archives are probably influenced by recent malfunctions of sourceforge.
I did read both. And both openocd-user and -devel lists are appropriate.

I've experiencing problems with recent versions of arm-none-eabi-gdb
(8.0 and above) and openocd when connecting via pipe as suggested by the
OpenOCD manual:

(gdb) target remote | openocd -c "gdb_port pipe; log_output openocd.log"
-f openocd.cfg
Probably not a widely used scenario. I've never tried it.
It might be the reason that nobody replied.

And I get:

Remote replied unexpectedly to 'vMustReplyEmpty':
PacketSize=3fff;qXfer:memory-map:read+;qXfer:features:read+;qXfer:threads:read+;QStartNoAckMode+
Something is broken in gdb remote protocol as gdb reads the reply send by OpenOCD to qSupported
command, which is send just before vMustReplyEmpty command.
You may want get more detailed logs: add -d3 to openocd command and 'set debug remote 1' in gdb before
'target remote' is issued.

But if I try to connect through TCP everything works fine.

I'm debugging STM32Fx microcontrollers and connecting over pipe worked
great until 3 weeks ago. I've been searching for similar problems on
forums and mailling lists, but couldn't find relevant info.
Can you trace what changed in this 3 weeks?
Did you upgraded arm-none-eabi-gdb to 8.x?
Do you use OpenOCD 0.10.0 release or some newer git snapshot compiled from sources?

Anyone experiencing this or have some idea what this gdb error means?

Thanks,
Augusto Fraga Giachero.

OpenOCD: 0.10.0
arm-none-eabi-gdb: 8.1
Platform: Linux 4.15.7 x86-64 (Arch Linux)

Tom