Van: "Liviu Ionescu" <i...@livius.net>
Aan: "Jonathan McDowell" <nood...@earth.li>
Cc: "openocd-devel" <openocd-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Verzonden: Woensdag 8 mei 2019 22:33:44
Onderwerp: Re: [OpenOCD-devel] New release?

> On 8 May 2019, at 23:00, Jonathan McDowell <nood...@earth.li> wrote:
>
> ... I asked this question back in September and didn't get any responses;

this makes two of us interested in this.

anyone else that would like to have a more active versioning scheme for the
project?

> I've been pondering whether I should just
> start packaging snapshots instead.

from a practical point of view, I think that 2-4 minor releases per year would
be fine, with some of them turned to major releases (that break compatibility),
when needed.

I also think that the project is mature enough to go past the experimental 0
major number (according to https://semver.org, which is a proposal that for me
makes a lot of sense).

regards,

Liviu