Hi Marc,
Thank you for your reply.

ABOUT THE WEBSITE
=================
I can reassure you - Johan's websites are NOT Wordpress-based.

Our first Embeetle website was made in Wordpress, but there
were too many problems. So we decided to throw Wordpress in
the bin and start from scratch. Johan designed a clean website
structure that all of us (Embeetle developers) can easily add
content to.

Personally, I'm not versed in web development - so I was happy
my Embeetle colleague Johan took this task on his shoulders.
Once he finished the backend, I just needed HTML and some basic
CSS to add new pages. Each new page appears automatically in the
menu on the left (Johan's backend takes care of that).

I just talked to Johan, and we have the following questions:

- Do you (OpenOCD developers) have basic HTML knowledge
    to add content that way? Or would you prefer some kind
    of markup system?

- If you're worried it would be hard to add content to the
    website, Johan can make an admin page where you can add
    a new page directly in the browser. The admin page would
    provide a basic editor in which you can enter the HTML
    for the new page (or edit HTML of an existing page).

- Johan's website structure is NOT a blog. A blog is
    typically less organized than a hierarchical menu. Do
    you (OpenOCD developers) prefer a blog or a website?
    If you prefer a website, we can offer one in the same
    style and structure as ours (https://embeetle.com).

ABOUT NIKOLA
============
This looks interesting indeed. However, neither me, nor my
colleague Johan knows the Nikola framework. It would take us
quite some time to get used to it. We'll look into it and give
some feedback later.

ABOUT HTTPS
===========
I asked Johan about https, and he replied:

"https is not a problem, thanks to letsencrypt. I can
  set it up (for free) if it is hosted on my server. All
  they would need to do is point a DNS record for their
  domain (or a subdomain like new.openocd.org to experiment)
  to my server at 213.136.92.230"

Why don't we setup a zoom/skype meeting to talk these things
through? To have a successfull meeting, we should certainly
invite the OpenOCD developers that are involved in the website.
But I have no idea who that is?

Kind regards,
Kristof Mulier