Hi,

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:01:44PM +0000, David Lange wrote:
> I found OpenOCD to be a free and command based flash programming tool. I
> currently have a project running using the Hitex USB stick STR9-comStick.
> However so far I only was able to download the application using the IDE
> HiTop. What I am looking for is a tool to automate this via the command line.
> In the OpenOCD pdf-documentation I found that on page 9 the link to the
> comstick is exactly the device that I use.
>
> Does anyone have experiences using OpenOCD in combination with the
> STR9-comStick?

I have such a device here, but didn't test much so far.

What you generally want is to start OpenOCD like this (for example):

$ openocd -f /usr/lib/openocd/interface/str9-comstick.cfg -f
/usr/lib/openocd/target/str9comstick.cfg
Open On-Chip Debugger 1.0 (2009-03-12-01:10) svn:r1409

BUGS? Read /usr/share/doc/openocd/BUGS

3000 kHz
Runtime error, file "/usr/lib/openocd/target/str9comstick.cfg", line 19:
    can't read "_CHIPNAME": no such variable

However, as you can see this currently results in an error (as of
r1409), I guess this needs to be fixed in svn. I didn't have the time
to investigate the issue further, yet.

Assuming the OpenOCD connection works, you use 'telnet localhost 4444'
to connect to OpenOCD via telnet, where you can the use all commands
available.

HTH, Uwe.