I am not very keen on changing anything in terms of
tools around openocd as there are a lot of developers out
there that are familiar with the current situation. Every so
often we get a request to use some new tool, switch version
control, etc.  I believe that it is a good thing that any such
switch must be consensus made and that the rate of
switching & introducing new tools is low so as not to
alienate the occasional participants. Also, I think OpenOCD
is the wrong project to help test & promote some great, but
off the beaten path, tool/method.

Better the devil you know.

What's the advantage of switching if everything works fine now?

--
Øyvind Harboe
PayBack incident management system