Hi all,

Since I have been following these threads carefully for the past weeks,
I thought I would try to help organize the immediately apparent list of
tasks in a hypothetical series of patches that appear to be outstanding:

* TAP changes:
  - use tap_set_state everywhere to allow logging TAP state transitions
  - add new TAP state table provided by Jeff Williams
  - update tap_get_tms_path API as suggested by Duane Ellis
    - slow boat: add tap_get_tms_path2 and allow both for a while
    - convert drivers that use old API over to the new one
    - remove old tap_get_tms_path
  - other changes work picking out of Duane's patch-in-progress

* FT2232 driver:
  - fix segfault from long scan chains (observed by Dick Hollenbeck)
  - fix non-recoverability of cable connect/reconnect
  - cure buggy madness (others might try to break this into pieces)

* J-Link driver (w/ yellow hardware):
  - cure buggy madness (this is my own poorly qualified TODO item)

* Other stuff?
  - overhaul use of types to improve 32/64-bit portability
  - refactor drivers to improve re-use

I expect some other items will emerge after picking apart Duane's patch,
but I am putting out this list so others can start thinking about
related work that might also be accomplished.  I will revise it and send
it around again, unless no one seems interested.

It sounds like Dick and I are actively waiting to jump on the FTDI and
TAP changes respectively, but I hope others might be interested.

Cheers,

Zach