Zach,
I have two issues with that:
First the document will probably in Word (.doc) format to include both
text and pictures. Plain text is just too limited. I suppose I can
provide the images in a different format as well. Text is easy to
extract / Word documents can be read by OpenOffice. My document layout
doesn't contain fancy stuff anyway.

Secondly I'm planning to use version 0.1.0 with the patches I made. I
need to push 'my' JTAG programmer project forward as fast as possible. I
don't want to skip documentation, but I can't spend time on debugging
OpenOCD at this moment. I'm willing to give r1771 a try (or any other
revision that is 'guaranteed' to work), but if it doesn't work from the
box I have to stick with version 0.1.0.

Nico