I think most of the problem I discovered building under cygwin have been
addressed today. However, I still have the problem with trunk/libtool
needing to be modified manually to change ECHO= to echo=.  Seems to be
OK in linux. It appears to be a mismatch between the libtool version on
my linux (fedora8) which is 1.x compared to cygwin which is 2.x.  Or is
this just a user error on my part?

I did notice that trunk/ltmain.sh is removed when you do a distclean and
never comes back. I got it back but it didn't make a difference. Even
moved it to the one in /cygwin/usr/share/libtool/config and it still
produces a bad libtool file under trunk/

-gene