2009/6/24 Spencer Oliver <s...@spen-soft.co.uk>:

>> > What is the situation with the ZY1000, I assume that all
>> modifications
>> > to the OpenOCD source tree are public, but can you
>> guarantee that the
>> > code running on the Zylin1000 does not link to anything that is
>> > nonopen and thus violates the GPL ?
>>
>> zy1000 runs eCos which is GPL compatible. Jim Tcl was a
>> problem, but I fixed that license. zy1000 runs openocd unmodified.
>>

> so why can we not fix the licence here?

 *all* copyright holders have to agree. For Jim Tcl that was 7 contributors and
I was able to contact them all.

You have to *convince* everybody that there is such a thing as a  *better*
license for OpenOCD.

Change the license to *what*? I haven't seen a proposed license change
that would could be torn apart for analysis. What about unwanted side effects?

Do you want closed source target support? Do you want closed source interface
drivers?

--
Øyvind Harboe
Embedded software and hardware consulting services