Hi all,

Here is the full list of GPL-compliant solutions for libftd2xx GPL
compliance, after further review, consideration, and enumeration:

1) Documentation:  build it yourself!
2) Build-Kit: automate the build on users' machines
3) XXX: to be revealed, if legal
4) libftdi-ftd2xx: ABI compatible with libftdi, wraps ftd2xx
5) sockets: separate ftd2xx into their own process space
6) libusb+libftdi: The Right Thing To Do ;)

I have lost track of who is doing what.  Please check in here. :)

Furthermore, I had originally hoped to make some money by volunteering
here, then finding sponsors for further work.  I now have serious doubt.

I will not take any money for the current compliance effort.  Sadly, I
no longer think it would be safe to accept any compensation for such
work, even if it were going to be offered to me.  Sorry.  Such could
only aid others in baseless accusations of "extortive" motives being
part of my intentions for enforcing the GPL at this juncture.  That is
simply not true, and I would point out that I did not even raise the
original issue.  Still, I will fall on my sword to do the right thing.

To reiterate, I am now no longer willing to accept offers to do the work
that I actually need to survive, to demonstrate that my motives here
have no profit in them anymore.  All previous offers for me to do paid
work are now off the table, until all hostilities from the community
have been ameliorated.  I hope this action helps resolve some tensions.

Sincerely,

Zach Welch
Corvallis, OR