On Wednesday 30 September 2009, Magnus Lundin wrote:

> >> +omap3.cpu configure -event reset-start "omap3.cpu mww $PRM_RSTCTRL 2"
> >> +omap3.cpu configure -event reset-end "omap3_dbginit"
> >>

> > Isn't there a chicken/egg thing having "omap3.cpu mww ..." do
> > its thing without having forcibly enabled the TAP, which is
> > done early in omap3_dbginit?
>
> Yes there is, but I think that when we connect to a target we just do
> omap3_dbginit right after init,

The new "setup" TAP event kicks in on both server startup
("connect to target") and reset code paths.  On DaVinci it
works well as the place to "jtag tapenable $THE_ARM" to
make the ICEpick do its enable dance.  OMAP3 too?

I'm thinking one of these days there should be some scan chain
verification done after tap enable/disable.  Now that the TLR
has been removed, I think jtag_validate_ircapture() is a good
candidate.  Something to validate an IDCODE would be good too,
but for now we don't know its opcode.

> with no reset as  default. We do not always want to reset the whole
> system at every connection, for instance when debugging a running
> Linux kernel or applications.

Certainly not!  :)