On Thursday 08 October 2009, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> Now let's hope that the move to Git will allow proper patch attributions
> to be recorded in the repository, instead of only committer information
> as it was the case with SVN (attribution in the commit log isn't good
> enough).  that would allow for 'blame' to work properly which helps a
> lot when it's time to CC the biggest contributor of a file (which
> usually happens to be the best person to review the patch).

For patches I merge, I'll be aiming to use git-am and
preserve those attributions.  And I hope other committers
will be doing the same thing ...

Of course it's only been about a day now that we've been
using GIT!  :)

Agreed that patch discipline like CCing reviewers would
probably be a Good Thing to evolve.

- Dave