On Sun, 2009-11-22 at 00:52 +0100, Andreas Fritiofson wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 9:31 PM, Øyvind Harboe <oyvind.har...@zylin.com>
> wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Zach Welch <z...@superlucidity.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> PATH_MAX should be defined and available (in <limits.h>).  Use it.
> >
> > Why not just allocate dynamically and avoid the problem at the root?
> >

> That sounds like the best solution, I'll prepare an updated patch.
>
> Ehm... The question is... how do i do it?? This was more or less my
> first git experience and I found it rather easy to develop and commit
> this on a separate branch, prepare the patch series with
> git-format-patch and even send it with git-send-email. But when
> there's feedback on one of the patches, like in this case, how do I
> revise that patch and send an updated version? I find myself in the
> dark here... I've read some tutorials, but most speak in rather
> general terms. This ought to be a very common scenario. Step-by-step
> guide, anyone?
>
> /Andreas

Checkout your branch and run 'git rebase master'.  That will update your
branch against the current master.  Then, do the same thing with '-i'.
Select the patches to change and mark them with 'e', change the files,
add them and --amend the comment, then --continue the rebase. Rinse and
repeat for all marked files.

--Z