Hi all,

Some additional patches could improve the help system further.

First, the command name matching logic can be improved to allow partial
matching and better support invalid subcommand invocations (e.g. running
'dummy missing' should produce the help for 'dummy', but it shows the
generic help text presently).  I can take a stab at this, but I would be
interested in hearing what use cases should be supported.

Next, we should consider updating all help messages to full sentences,
so the new command mode information will follow the final period.  Of
course, these messages should be providing sufficient information for
advanced users to be able to skip reading the manual for basic usage,
but they should be written in more meaningful English than I stuffed in
there during my recent updates.  Copy and paste is a double-edged sword.

If this sounds like a reasonable proposition, others are welcome to
start tackling that task, as it only requires updating the existing
strings in the registration records.  Indeed, it would be great to have
some volunteers offer to contribute such patches for 0.4.0.  So, does
anyone want to offer to produce or maintain a branch (on repo.or.cz or
elsewhere) to accomplish this task? :)

Finally, I am thinking that the auto-help that is produced when running
an incomplete or bad command should be turned into auto-usage.  If we
take the above suggestion to improve the help text, the current scheme
will result in information overload.  Regardless, this is probably the
right choice, as usage allows querying the full help text.  This will be
an easy update to make, but it will result in a visible change of
behavior (so I resisted just making it without comment).  With the new
'usage' command working as well as it does now, I think it's time to
change it.  Objections?

Cheers,

Zach