I already tried that:

$ telnet localhost 4444
Trying ::1...
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
Open On-Chip Debugger
> reset halt
RCLK not supported - fallback to 1000 kHz
JTAG scan chain interrogation failed: all ones
Check JTAG interface, timings, target power, etc.
error: -100
Command handler execution failed
in procedure 'reset' called at file "command.c", line 637
called at file "command.c", line 352

Its like I've got the jtag connector connected wrong.  I'm using the
beagle board adapter that I got from tincantools.  And I have all the
pin 1s matched up.