On Tuesday 01 December 2009, Zach Welch wrote:
> After the command cleanup that I have started, I believe this type of
> factoring deserves to be pursued in the other modules.  I propose making
> these changes in the following order:
>
>  - svf, xsvf, pld: simple core/tcl separation: */core.c and */tcl.c

And maybe merge svf and xsvf into a common directory, so their
sharing is a bit less convoluted.

>  - flash/nor, flash/nand: likewise, if renamed; otherwise *_{core,tcl}.c
>  - target.c: split into target/core.c and target/tcl.c

Probably fair, although I'd be skeptical about internals
getting exposed there.

One way to address that issue of exposure:  switch #include "foo.h"
over to #include "subdir/foo.h", and minimize the inclusion of
stuff from other directories.  The "/" will flag potential trouble.

>  - split drivers similarly: <driver>.c and <driver>_tcl.c

I'm not quite so keen on that one.  Few of them have many Tcl
functions, and splitting them out separately wouldn't win ...
it'd just open up innards that *ought* to stay private.

However ... splitting ft2232.c into chunks would be good.
One per adapter.  It's quite a mess now.

- Dave