I was thinking about splitting this patch into at least a few:

The first would be to get rid of some -I's.

The second would clarify that the "classic" JTAG driver
is just another minidriver.

The third would then allow a minidriver to grab the
JTAG stack from jtag_xxx() and down to the metal.

The performance gain potential here is, over time with
a few more fixes like it, ca. 10-25%. I currently get 550kBytes/s
@ 16MHz w/arm7/9 for gdb load, so say up to 600-700kBytes/s
somewhere eventually due to this. Performance is a long
term & fun project for me :-)

I actually saw that jtag_add_dr_out() was no longer inlined
because it is creeping up on the gprof list for gdb load...

--
Øyvind Harboe
US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 63 25 00