On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Zach Welch <z...@superlucidity.net> wrote:
> This is actually expected; there was no warning previously, and the
> dummy driver always fails because it returns garbage.

The error message is nonsensical and offers no clues as to what
is wrong, or what needs to be fixed.

The error message needs to be fixed minimally.

> It still starts up, right?

I don't think so. I haven't debugged it  yet.

>  he fact that it is telling you where something failed is a good thing,
> if were talking about real hardware... right?

I tried on real hardware and it fails there as well, I just used the
dummy driver as an reproduction example.

I don't know what the error message means or what you are working
on here yet. I just wanted to get this info back to you for now seeing
that it was reproducible with the dummy driver I thought it might
be useful.

Is this something that you want/need me to debug?

--
Øyvind Harboe
US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 63 25 00