>> There would have to be some huge advantage or some
>> robust way of getting retesting done.
>
> Actually... there's a very simple idea: heterogeneous language support.

To me that sounds like a disadvantage. I like the simplicity and confines
of jim tcl.

>> Your improved design can facilitate such a disaster so we should
>> handle this carefully.
>
> Yeah, having lots of front-ends like GCC would be a total disaster.
> Apache, LLVM, Eclipse: they'd be much better of without so much choice.
>
> No, wait... the other thing... yeah: the exact opposite of that. ;)

That was a thoroughly unconvincing analogy.

Why don't we maintain OpenOCD in multiple languages? Why
should a user *have to* develop OpenOCD in C???
Right... a single source code is an advantage! :-)

--
Øyvind Harboe
US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 63 25 00