I've been trying to get a trace out of my DM355 with ETM v1.3 and ETB; I've
been reading ARM IHI0014O and the OOCD source code but struggling to get a
trace out.

ETM is configured in target/ti_dm355.cfg and I try to setup a trace as follows:

# (power board on)
reset init
# setup trace to always-on ref IHI0014O p. 3-41 "Tracing all memory"
reg ETM_trace_resource_ctrl 0
reg ETM_trace_en_ctrl1 0x1000000
reg ETM_trace_en_ctrl2 0
reg ETM_trace_en_event 0x6f
etm start
resume
etm status
reg ETM_status

If I understand the datasheet correctly I want to see ETM_status bit 2 set
(Trace stop/start status bit). "etm status" always shows "etb: idle".

Whatever I do, "etm analyze" always comes back empty. I added a print which
shows me that ctx->trace_depth is always 0.

I have also tried setting the trigger like this (inside a small idle loop in
u-boot)

reg ETM_trig_event 0
reg ETM_addr_1_comparator_value 0x8108a7ec
reg ETM_addr_1_access_type 0x19

but that has no obvious effect.

Anyone who has successfully used the ETM/ETB with OpenOCD I'd love to hear any
recipies, online documentation, etc.

etm info reports:
> etm info
ETM v1.3
pairs of address comparators: 4
data comparators: 2
memory map decoders: 8
number of counters: 2
sequencer present
number of ext. inputs: 4
number of ext. outputs: 1
FIFO full present
protocol version: 7
max. port size: 16
half-rate clocking not supported
full-rate clocking supported
normal trace format supported
multiplex trace format not supported
demultiplex trace format not supported
FIFO full supported

Thanks,

--
Jon Povey
jon.po...@racelogic.co.uk

Racelogic is a limited company registered in England. Registered number 2743719
.
Registered Office Unit 10, Swan Business Centre, Osier Way, Buckingham, Bucks,
MK18 1TB .

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by
Racelogic Ltd for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is
directed and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you
have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from
your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the
error by reply email so that the sender's address records can be corrected. The
views expressed by the sender of this communication do not necessarily
represent those of Racelogic Ltd. Please note that Racelogic reserves the right
to monitor e-mail communications passing through its network