On 16/08/2010 12:44, David Brownell wrote:
I have no license to use JTAGICE mkII protocol.
Irrelevant.  AVR32 uses the Nexus protocols,
layered on top of JTAG.  Those are public and
need no licensing.

For devices where you need most of the pins Nexus can't be used. Nexus has some real value when you use a large pin count device and don't need most of the pins of the devices.

The only AVR32 devices likely to stay on the market have 48 pins to 144 pins. Even with the 144 pins it is often that we need most pins and at times look at perhaps use the single wire debugging to free more pins.

Michel

--
Tired of Microsoft's rebootive multitasking?
then it's time to upgrade to Linux.