On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Zach Welch <zwe...@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> On 09/27/2010 06:50 AM, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> [snip]
>> - I have purposely kept the somewhat misleading "port" names because
>> it makes the code "more rebasable". Once this series is pushed, I
>> intend to go back and do a bit of renaming of variables and fix up
>> the documentation.
>
> I think you need to have these patches done as part of this series
> before you push the lot. This seems like a fairly substantial change and
> may break a number of scripts or other high-level integration, so it
> should be thoroughly documented to aid with review. Moreover, the
> write-up may trigger you to do further work on the existing patches.

Agreed.

I was hoping for *some* feedback on the specific feature
before then though...

The only breakage that I can think of is that the "-p" option is gone.
I was thinking about adding it back, but print a warning and
translate it to "-c log_output openocd.log; gdb_port pipe"

--
Øyvind Harboe
US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 63 25 00