On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Bernard Mentink
<bernard.ment...@trimble.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi again Andreas,
>
> An update to this: The error below was because I had several instances
> of gdb running, they were not closed off correctly in eclipse.

Hm, yeah I've seen that too sometimes. Perhaps more often or with
different error messages when running with the --pipe option.

> Now when I run it, the program downloades and I get to main correctly
>
> However, when I hit continue, I end up in the g_pfnVectors() at 0x00,
> and I can not continue ..
>
> Also, in the Console window, I get this error:
> "lpc1766.cpu -- clearing lockup after double fault"
>
> I am way out of my depth here .. I don't have this issue when I run my
> init script as described earlier ... Instead of this method.

This is indicative of an actual bug in your code. I can't explain why
it only shows with "my" method. If you can get to main you should be
able to step instead of continue. Does that work? Can you step forward
until you hit the place where it crashes?

The "clearing lockup after double fault" says that the core was in a
lockup state which means a fault occurred (bad memory access, invalid
instruction and such, probably due to a software bug) and, in
addition, there was an error while fetching or executing the exception
vector (no fault handler installed?). Common bugs that can cause this
is invalid pointer dereferencing, buffer overflows or enabled
interrupts for which no handler is installed.

//Andreas