2010/10/29  <freddie_cho...@op.pl>:
> "Xiaofan Chen" <xiaof...@gmail.com> napisał(a):
>  > Yet another solution is to have a generic cfg file with minimum
>  > 4KB of SRAM but allow user to overwrite the generic config
>  > file with bigger working area for better performance.
>  >
>  > Is this possible?
>
> Of course it is possible, but how many users will know that
> they should do that (IMHO < 5%), how many users will do that
> (IMHO < 1%) and how many would just complain in vaious places
> that OpenOCD is slow and hard to use (IMHO > 90%)?

I understand your concern. However, if you have a good wiki
and documentations (say put in the comment in the starting
of the config file), then it would not be too bad. Just ask
the user to RTM/RTFM. ;-)

A GUI utility to generate the config file would be nice.

OpenOCD is anyway not that fast and indeed not that
easy to use, compared to IAR/J-Link...

--
Xiaofan