On 27 June 2011 22:33, Steve Bennett <ste...@workware.net.au> wrote:

> On 27/06/2011, at 10:07 PM, Spencer Oliver wrote:
>
> On 27 June 2011 11:05, Spencer Oliver <s...@spen-soft.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Thanks that solves all the problems i see with make distcheck.
>> At some point i may look into a method of tweaking so we do not install
>> unnecessary files, but all is good for the next openocd release.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Spen
>>

> Spoke to soon :)
> jimtcl head now fails to build under cygwin - ok under linux.
>
> After a full distclean i then get a segfault
> === configuring in jimtcl (/home/soliver/openocd/openocd-inline/jimtcl)
> configure: running /bin/sh ./configure.gnu --disable-option-checking
> '--prefix=/usr/local'  '--enable-maintainer-mode' '--disable-shared'
> '--disable-werror' '--enable-parport' '--enable-jlink' '--enable-rlink'
> '--enable-ft2232_ftd2xx' 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g' --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.
> No installed jimsh or tclsh, building local bootstrap jimsh0
> ./configure.gnu: line 2:  2392 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) $SHELL
> .././jimtcl/configure --with-jim-ext=nvp --disable-lineedit "$@"
> configure: error: ./configure.gnu failed for jimtcl
>
> The issue was introduced in commit f25d6276ee487d583e35c48f3125ef388c9f7d3f
>

> Try latest git. You will need to remove the old autosetup/jimsh0.exe

Many Thanks again, that seems to fix the build (for cygwin and mingw) - i
will try functional testing later today.

One observation is that jimsh0 is built in the src dir, perhaps it would be
better to use the builddir.
I tend to build out of tree for various arch's and having jimsh0 built in
the src dir does create issues for this kind of setup.

Also it would be good if a distclean removed jimsh0 as it is generated by
configure.

Cheers
Spen