Using OpenOCD on TI DM365, something goes wrong when trying to enable
extra TAPs using the JRC; it claims they are enabled, but has trouble
getting the version of the EmbeddedICE, and the "halt" command times
out and doesn't work.

If I set the EMU0/1 pins so that the extra TAPs are always routed in,
then things work OK.

I have previously used OpenOCD with DM355, the predecessor SoC, which
had the same TAP enable by JRC scheme (which works fine).

Any clues on this? I think David Brownell would have been the guy.

Good output with TAPs fixed as enabled (EMU pins low):

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.6.0-dev-00128-g36e3009-dirty (2011-10-19-20:05)
trst_only separate trst_push_pull
CS0 NAND
Info : RCLK (adaptive clock speed) not supported - fallback to 1500 kHz
Info : JTAG tap: dm365.etb tap/device found: 0x2b900f0f (mfg: 0x787, part:
0xb900, ver: 0x2)
Info : JTAG tap: dm365.arm tap/device found: 0x0792602f (mfg: 0x017, part:
0x7926, ver: 0x0)
Info : JTAG tap: dm365.jrc tap/device found: 0x0b83e02f (mfg: 0x017, part:
0xb83e, ver: 0x0)
Info : Embedded ICE version 6
Info : dm365.arm: hardware has 2 breakpoint/watchpoint units
Info : ETM v1.3
> halt
target state: halted
target halted in ARM state due to debug-request, current mode: Supervisor
cpsr: 0x800000d3 pc: 0x0000b888
MMU: disabled, D-Cache: disabled, I-Cache: disabled

---

Bad output with EMU pins high (default)

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.6.0-dev-00128-g36e3009-dirty (2011-10-19-20:05)
trst_only separate trst_push_pull
CS0 NAND
Info : RCLK (adaptive clock speed) not supported - fallback to 1500 kHz
Info : JTAG tap: dm365.jrc tap/device found: 0x0b83e02f (mfg: 0x017, part:
0xb83e, ver: 0x0)
Info : JTAG tap: dm365.etb enabled
Info : JTAG tap: dm365.arm enabled
Info : Embedded ICE version 0
Error: unknown EmbeddedICE version (comms ctrl: 0x00000000)
Info : dm365.arm: hardware has 2 breakpoint/watchpoint units
Info : ETM v1.0
> halt
Info : Halt timed out, wake up GDB.
Error: timed out while waiting for target halted
in procedure 'halt'

Holding the EMU pins low is a possibility but means PCB mods to our
board, so it would be nice to get this working..

Happy to hack and submit a patch if someone can give me clues to get
started.

--
Jon Povey
jon.po...@racelogic.co.uk

Racelogic is a limited company registered in England. Registered number 2743719
.
Registered Office Unit 10, Swan Business Centre, Osier Way, Buckingham, Bucks,
MK18 1TB .

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by
Racelogic Ltd for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is
directed and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you
have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from
your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the
error by reply email so that the sender's address records can be corrected. The
views expressed by the sender of this communication do not necessarily
represent those of Racelogic Ltd. Please note that Racelogic reserves the right
to monitor e-mail communications passing through its network