billium wrote:
> I am trying to update openocd but it fails to build:
>
> In function `Jim_Nvp_name2value_obj':
> jim-nvp.c:(.text+0xc7): undefined reference to `Jim_String'
>
> This is repeated four times for other instances of Jim_String.
>
> I am using amd64 on Gentoo, with the 999 ebuild which pulls from git.
> Anybody come across this or know what I am doing wrong?

I recall something about the nvp extension moving from jimtcl into
OpenOCD, which I think makes it impossible to package the two
packages separately. This is no good.

Basically you can't build -9999 until at least the ebuild but
possibly also upstream has been fixed. Of course you can submit a bug
report on bugs.gentoo.org for jimtcl. Please include the full build
log, as always when reporting problems.

//Peter