### Editor's Note ###

Hiya, friends! Today, new contributor (!!) Jeff Wentworth offers a
blockchain history lesson for OpenOrg enthusiasts. It's a must-read for
anyone interested in blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and decentralized
organizations.

Welcome to the community, Jeff!

–B

### New Today ###

Jeff Wentworth: "We're still learning from this failed blockchain
experiment"

https://opensource.com/open-organization/18/2/the-dao-blockchain-experiment

red.ht/2Edcdyh

Sample social media:

The blockchain-based Decentralized Autonomous Organization was "an
exercise in collaborative community, a shared vision." It failed—but its
lessons for #TheOpenOrg live on: red.ht/2Edcdyh

The Decentralized Autonomous Organization was an early #blockchain
experiment that failed. But it can teach us so much about our
organizational futures, says @JeffInTokyo: red.ht/2Edcdyh #TheOpenOrg

This early #blockchain experiment may have failed, but the lessons we've
learned from it help us better understand #TheOpenOrg landscape today,
says @JeffInTokyo: red.ht/2Edcdyh

### Previously Published ###

Sarah Conway and Greg Wallace: "A better marketing plan for your open
source software project"

https://opensource.com/open-organization/18/2/open-source-community-marketing

### Site Stats ###

Page views yesterday: 728
Total page views for the month: 8,045

Workbook downloads: 14
Workbook downloads for the month: 111

Guide to IT Culture Change downloads: 2
Guide to IT Culture Change downloads for the month: 37

Leaders Manual downloads: 2
Leaders Manual downloads for the month: 19

Catalyst-In-Chief downloads: 2
Total Catalyst-In-Chief downloads for the month: 19

Field Guide downloads: 3
Total Field Guide downloads for the month: 42