### Editor's Note ###

Hello, folks! OpenOrg Ambassador Ron McFarland returns today with the
second part of his review of Ray Dalio's book, _Principles_. In this
installment, Ron takes a closer look at the way Dalio's company attempts
to automate and track open behaviors in the organization. Fascinating
stuff! Check it out.

–B

### New Today ###

Ron McFarland: "Can we automate open behaviors?"

https://opensource.com/open-organization/18/3/dalio-principles-2

red.ht/2oW5wGz

Sample social media:

Turning abstract organizational principles into concrete behaviors is
always a challenge. But what if algorithms could help? From @RonMcF:
red.ht/2oW5wGz #TheOpenOrg

How can people in open organizations move from principles to sets of
tasks or behaviors? And what if we could systematize those principles so
thoroughly that we could translate them into algorithms that guide and
gauge behavior? red.ht/2oW5wGz #TheOpenOrg

If Fitbit watches can be so popular supervising a person's daily
movement activities, and GPS systems can get people from place to place
without them having to do a lot of thinking, so too can apps help us
build #TheOpenOrg: red.ht/2oW5wGz

### Previously Published ###

Michael Doyle: "The benefits of setting professional goals in the open"

https://opensource.com/open-organization/18/3/collaborative-self-assessment

First day page views: 85

### Traffic ###

Page views yesterday: 471
Page views from Twitter yesterday: 45
Total page views for the month: 6,502

### Downloads ###

Workbook downloads: 1
Workbook downloads for the month: 48

Guide to IT Culture Change downloads: 1
Guide to IT Culture Change downloads for the month: 28

Leaders Manual downloads: 0
Leaders Manual downloads for the month: 24

Catalyst-In-Chief downloads: 0
Total Catalyst-In-Chief downloads for the month: 17

Field Guide downloads: 0
Total Field Guide downloads for the month: 33