On Mon, Oct 21, 2002, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2002, Michael Schloh wrote:
>>     Remove whitespace and a compiler-only link flag.
>> [...]
>>   -LIBS="$PTHREAD_CFLAGS $LIBS"
>>   +LIBS="-pthread $LIBS"
>> [...]
>
> Be careful, option -pthread exists mostly just on gcc.

I'm also not too happy about this change. I did it because our handy
ACX_PTHREAD macro is failing to return '-pthread' as a linker flag, and
FreeBSD builds are broken when using gcc without this flag.

I therefore have to choose between two nasty hacks: (1) use CFLAGS
(-DREENTRANT -pthread) when linking or (2) hardcode '-pthread' which seems to
work in all OS with gcc. If you have a preference, or a better idea just let
me know.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Development Team, Application Services