On Fri, Jan 17, 2003, Michael van Elst wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 17, 2003, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jan 17, 2003, Michael Schloh wrote:
>>
>> >     Update for building on FreeBSD 5
>> > [...]
>> >   -          ix86-freebsd4* )
>> >   +          ix86-freebsd4* | ix86-freebsd5* )
>>
>> Have you checked that the package also _RUNS_ under FreeBSD 5?
>> Because the binary is from FreeBSD 4...
>
> Runs (so far with a few small tests) IF we provide a libc.so.4.
> Easiest is a
>
> ln -s /usr/lib/libc.so.5 libc.so.4
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd` java ...
>
> The 'programs' from j2se are already wrapper scripts that could
> be patched.

I'm not sure how relevant this is, since even the j2se on FreeBSD 4.X is
broken (try running a AWT application). In any case, on FreeBSD 5.X it is even
more broken due to the above libc issue. On Solaris and Linux this problem
doesn't exist, but j2se 1.4.1 is packaged for them anyways.

I'll see if there is an update to the j2sdk-1.3.1p7_1-freebsd-ix86.tar.bz2
file online somewhere, just in case it exists.

Regards,
Michael