On Fri, Jan 24, 2003, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>   +%description
>   +    Awk is the one true implementation of the AWK programming language
>   +    from Brian Kernighan as of 13-Dec-2002.

I don't get it. Was there a different implementation of the AWK programming
language from Brian Kernighan before 13-Dec-2002?

I think what you mean is 'This is the one true implementation of the AWK
programming language.' Neither vendor and version should not be listed in the
description to avoid error redundancy... Unless I'm missing some historical
Unix part somewhere.

Regards,
Michael