On Fri, Jul 04, 2003, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>   Log:
>     rpmlint police: remove versioned executables
>
>        rm -f $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{l_prefix}/info/dir
>   +    rm -f $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{l_prefix}/bin/*-[0-9].[0-9]
>        strip $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{l_prefix}/bin/* >/dev/null 2>&1 || true
Hello Ralf,

Err, here you just totally deleted the main application (gimp-1.2). The
'gimp' found in '/%{l_prefix}/bin/' is just a symbolic link to it, as well
as some other installed files.

I backed out the change to make this package work again, but it still needs
some work (I'll get to this tomorrow).

  1 If we really want this versioned binary gone, then we
    should rename it and not remove it.

  2 There are other versioned artifacts of this package (like the
    '/etc/gimp-1.2' directory) that we should consider renaming.

  3 Get rid of the installed shared libraries

PS: I wonder if there are similar problems in other packages now. It
    looks like you did a wild script-based replace using the new rpmlint
    tool. What do you think?

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Development Team, Application Services