On Tue, Mar 23, 2004, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>On Tue, Mar 23, 2004, Bill Campbell wrote:
>
>> While working to get my courier-imap package running under release 2.0 with
>> openpkg from the current tree, I ran into a problem where it failed in
>> dependency checking looking for the %{l_prefix}/lib/openpkg/perl.req
>> script.  Looking at the openpkg.spec file, this file is explicitly removed
>> in the %install processing around line 784.  It's still referenced though
>> in the %{l_prefix}/lib/openpkg/macros file.
>
>Yes, because this file is from the original RPM and its content is
>overriden by our %{l_prefix}/etc/openpkg/rpmmacros except for features
>we do not use in OpenPKG. And you seem to not have "AutoPreReq: no" in
>your .spec, so you are using a RPM feature which is intentionally not
>used in OpenPKG.

Thanks.  That cures the immediate problem.

Actually it's ``AutoReq'' and ``AutoReqProv'' which I had copied into most
of my .spec files (and explains why this package always bitched loudly
about dependencies on older version of openpkg :-).

>My general suggestion is to _NEVER_ write an OpenPKG .spec file from
>scratch for two reasons:
>
>1. you usually finally want that it is taken over by us into the
>   official repository, so it has to pass "openpkg-dev lint". And this
>   linting tool you such restrictive that you certainly will not being
>   able to fulfill its requirements by a from-scratch .spec file.
>
>2. the chance is hight that you are using RPM features which are not
>   intended to be used in OpenPKG. Or you forget a lot of features
>   to use which are required in OpenPKG.
>
>So, always use "openpkg-dev new" for generating a new .spec
>from our template (yes, I know there is unfortunately still no
>developer/contributor documentation for this) or start from one of the
>existing 700 .spec files.

As I understand it, the openpkg-dev package is only available via a CVS
checkout.  I just spent some time poking around the OpenPKG web site, but
can't find anything about the login procedures for anonymous login and
checkout from the CVS tree.

Bill

``Liberty don't work as good in practice as it does in speeches.''
    Will Rogers
Developer Communication List                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]