On Fri, Jul 30, 2004, David M. Fetter wrote:

Dear David,
this issue is really the hunt for the living dead. I remember we faught
against it in the past and failed. So let's retry.

> So for good measure, I build a fresh RHEL3 [...]
> Any ideas?  I can go into more detail if you need.

I thought I found the problem in a sublibrary within gettext but my lab
results prooved me wrong. So I'm asking for a list of libraries you have
installed on your machine and the packages they came from. Thanks to RPM
this can be done by running

 $ for i in `ls /lib/lib* /usr/lib/lib*`; do \
       echo "$i = `/bin/rpm -qf $i`"; \
   done

Also I wonder if you installed your machine using a non US ('C')
locale/time setting?

As a last resort I'll ask for shell access to the affected box or
consider reproducing the problem in a VMWare virtual machine and send me
the image for inspection.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED], Cable & Wireless
Developer Communication List                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]