On Wed, Oct 11, 2006, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

>   OpenPKG CVS Repository
>   http://cvs.openpkg.org/
>   ____________________________________________________________________________
>
>   Server: cvs.openpkg.org                  Name:   Ralf S. Engelschall
>   Root:   /v/openpkg/cvs                   Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mr Cosmetics again ... Hi, haven't seen you for a while ;-)

>   Module: openpkg-src                      Date:   11-Oct-2006 22:53:42
>   Branch: HEAD                             Handle: 2006101121534200
>
>   Modified files:
>     openpkg-src/varnish     varnish.patch varnish.spec
>
>   Log:
>     - bugfix: exit(1) in case the PID file is not writable or
>       a segfault would happen by the following fprintf/fclose.

Well, I riped out the hunk from similar piece of code (by you :) in
qpopper.patch. Should it be fixed there as well?

>     - cleanup: do not keep the C library files in the package as they
>       are both useless without the corresponding C header files and even with
>       them they are not really useful as varnish is a self-contained
> application.

I'm currently in the process of evaluating Varnish (this is pretty cool
stuff :). Documentation is still somewhat incomplete at these early
stages of Varnish so there are many black holes to discover. As there
is an API for third party plugins I wasn't sure about the libs and kept
them. If you have checked that they are obsolete (maybe I just missed
the add the header files manually), it's absolutly okay to dump them.

>     - consistency: use "switch" instead of "osdn" for SourceForge URLs
>       to be in sync with all(!) other packages (although
>       we know that the host "osdn" is available again).

osdn still isn't available all the times. Why don't we define a macro
%{l_sfhost} for that purpose instead of switching all over again in
many, many packages? This shouldn't be general rule of thumb but in case
of SourceForge this would be really helpful.

>     - cosmetics: use our usual 'all-caps' style in Summary header

Uh, yeah but I don't like it anyway :-)

>     - cosmetics: use 0-prefix patch to avoid hard-coded versions
>       in patch files when easily possible

BTW can we rid of those 0-prefix patches you'll find in all that perl-*
packages. Why not preprocessing the patches doing a %{V_foo_bar} subst?
We have to touch perl-* much more often that we will in case of Varnish.

-cs

Developer Communication List                   openpkg-dev@openpkg.org