On Tue, Aug 17, 2004, Alexander Belck wrote:
>I compiled,configured and started OpenPKG postfix with aparently no errors, but
>I Can't get positive connection nor any error.
>
>When I : telnet localhost smtp I got:
>
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] log]# telnet localhost smtp
>Trying 127.0.0.1...
>Connected to localhost.
>Escape character is '^]'.
>

>but no, 220 myhost ESMTP response

Typically this results when you use the default main.cf file, and
don't change the example.com references to point to a real host.

You can look in the %{l_prefix}/var/postfix/log/postfix.log file
for more detailled information.

Bill

Government is actually the worst failure of civilized man. There has
never been a really good one, and even those that are most tolerable
are arbitrary, cruel, grasping and unintelligent.
        -- H. L. Mencken