On Fri, Oct 15, 2004, Alexander Belck wrote:

> Two questions
>
> 1) specificaly for apache I need the action graceful.
>    Particulary I would prefer the way other distros handle apache using
>    apachectl, that in some cases make extra check to avoid killing apache
>    at all when reloading with a new miss-configuret apache.conf
>
>    But at least could be the graceful action added to the standart rc.apache ?

It is already in OpenPKG CURRENT and will show up in OpenPKG 2.2's
"apache" package. If you there do a "reload" a graceful restart is
performed.

> 2) My lake of knowlege.
>    How should I use rc.conf ?
>    I'm not used with that kind of startup, I guess its similar to debian ??
>
>    All I found is that all the rc.xxx files from OpenPKG have a %config
>    section that could change the way a server starts.
>    Should I repead the configuration settings I whant to change from
>    rc.xxx in rc.conf with my setting ?

Just place the "<name>=<value>" settings into your rc.conf file
in order to override the ones in the rc.xxx files' %config sections.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com