Since this is the one list I can think of that probably has a lot of administrator participants I wanted to through this question out.  If I want to log attempts to change the system time on a system (linux in particular) where would be a good place to find logging/auditing capabilities?  Using audit software included with solaris and irix I can accomplish these tasks easily, but linux does not seem so nice.  I am currently using syslog-ng under linux, and with all messages/levels being logged I can't seem to get a message about failed attempts to change system time.  Most standard things like failed logins/su show up, but a permission denied when trying "rm /usr/bin/passwd" does not.  Feel free to contact me offline if you wish to prevent traffic to this list.  I guess I'm basically trying to figure out what auditing capabilities I have, and if I need more, where (if) I can get them.  Thanks for any input.

-doug