On Thursday 21 September 2006 23:31, Thomas Lotterer wrote:
> Have a look at "openpkg man shtool-rotate"

I think logrote also works with the package "openpkg-tools" installed
and "shtool" _not_ installed. In this case (e.g. with many Kolab Servers)
there is no manpage "shtool-rotate" on the system.

> > The faq mentions a handbook under "OpenPKG breaks with a few things from
> > the good old Unix days. Why?" but I havn't found it.
>
> Oops. AFAIK the handbook has been removed because it was written for
> OpenPKG 1.x. However, the article [1] originally posted in Sysadmin
> Magazine some years ago received a major overhaul only one month ago and is
> very up to date now. Btw, Ralf refreshed the text after an inquiry by your
> collegue Bernhard R. ;-)

Yes, it is very important to have answers to this questions around.

Thanks for your help,
Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner, www.intevation.net       (Free Software Company)
Germany Coordinator, fsfeurope.org       (Non-Profit Org for Free Software)