Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
On Wed, May 02, 2007, Doug Summers wrote:

 Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
On Tue, Apr 24, 2007, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
On Mon, Apr 23, 2007, Doug Summers wrote:

 Tried the latest 4.6p1 version, both STABLE & CURRENT. Right after the
motd
 flashes by the connection closes with this error:

 *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (fast):
0x000000000069d090
 ***

 The 4.5p1 version (and below) never did this. Any ideas???
Under which AMD64-based operating system is this under?

Sorry, I was not pricise enough: I see from the "glibc" above that it is
Linux, of course. But what particular Linux distribution is this?

 I built a backdated version (1/14/2007) that works but nothing newer does.
 Any idea(s) why? I originally thought it was a release problem (4.5 --> 4.6)
 but I couldn't get the 3/20/2007 version to work either.

Well, between the 20070114 release of the "openssh" package and today
there is _ONLY_ the 4.5 to 4.6 vendor version change _EXCEPT_ you are
using the optional LDAP or HPN patches. So, if 20070114 still works
also e.g. 20070221 has to still work as it includes just a newer HPN
patchset. Are you really sure that 20070114 is the latest version which
works correctly. Or do you have HPN enabled?

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com

I'm not using LDAP or HPN. The only options I ever use are PAM & X11.
OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org